Philadelphia – the birthplace of the American democracy. We explored the origins, responsibilities and challenges of America’s representative democracy, the world’s greatest and longest lasting experiment in self-governance.
- Visited National Constitution Center and heard from its President & CEO, Jeffrey Rosen
- Traveled back to the birth of the nation as best-selling author Rick Atkinson discusses the daunting issues our Founding Fathers faced
- Walked among 42 life-size, bronze statues of the Founding Fathers and relived the moment that launched our government
- Enjoyed a private tour and meal at the Museum of the American Revolution
- Listened to performance artist Regie Gibson’s rousing presentation about the ethnic and racial diversity that defines America in the 21st Century
- Heard from Kristen Soltis Anderson as she charts a new course that reconnects us to our fellow Americans and the aspirations embodied by our founders.
- Shared ideas about what state legislative leaders can do to ensure that the democracy established more than two centuries ago will continue to thrive into the future